This Sunday, we will focus on the question, “Who is the Greatest?” as we study Mark 9:30-37.
As you prepare for community worship, consider the following suggestions/questions.
- Read Mark 9:14-50. Pay attention to the context in which verses 30-37 fit.
- In verse 32, the Disciples don’t understand Jesus’ teaching on his upcoming death & resurrection. As a result, they were afraid to ask Jesus about it. What are things about Jesus that you don’t understand and are afraid to ask?
- What areas of your life do you feel the most need to be the greatest? (e.g. work, family, school, etc.) — verse 34
- What are ways that you serve others? — verse 35
- Welcoming Jesus means welcoming others. When we welcome Jesus, we actually welcome God! How does this inspire you to be more welcoming in your lifestyle? — verse 37
Feel free to post your responses to these questions or submit some questions of your own.