Pastor Doug helped us reflect on the question, “Who is the Greatest?” this morning.
As you reflect back on the morning worship service, think about the following questions. Feel free to post your responses, insights, or further questions.
- In what areas of your life do you seek to establish a pecking order?
- Doug suggested that the human dream is to be the best. Do you resonate with this dream? How so?
- Jesus redefined greatness. Doug said, “True greatness is lifting up the least of these among you.” How can you embody this kind of greatness in your everyday life?
- Children are dependent on others to care for them. When Jesus used children as a model, he also suggested that followers of Christ are to be dependent on God. What are the most difficult areas of your life for you to rely on God? In what ways do you feel truly dependent on God?
- Jesus is our model of what true greatness looks like. Take some time this week to reflect on the greatness modeled by Jesus. Thank God for Jesus’ faithfulness and pray that God would strengthen you to be great like Jesus was great.